The LiMAR® LQK-HD is a Heavy Duty connection which can be assembled safely without the use of pipe wrenches.
The 3 point increase in strength is due to the Titanium Locking Plate, extra strong Elgiloy Spring and 3 load-bearing shoulders offering a 33% increase in strength against 1-7/8” & 2-1/2" connections.
The LQK-HD male is first aligned & inserted into the LQK-HD female. The connection is then rotated 90 degrees to allow the spring loaded locking plate to drop into a slotted profile at the top of the male connection end. This prevents the connection from rotating in either direction. For disassembly, a pin punch is inserted through the locking plate via an access hole in the female connection. Levering the pin punch raises the locking plate from the slot to allow the connection to rotate 90 degrees. Once the profile is aligned both LQK-HD connections can be safely separated.
- Used as a heavy duty, safe, fast and efficient method of connecting toolstring components together without the use of pipe wrenches
DESIGN FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- 33% stronger than existing 1-7/8” & 2-1/2" Quick Lock Connections. Ideal for use with LiMAR® 2.125” & 2.688" Jar range at highest setting
- Titanium Locking Plate offering a fivefold increase in strength along with a 40% comparative weight reduction of existing plates
- The LQK-HD Male Connection incorporates the industry standard 1.750” & 2.313" OD fish neck which allows for recovery with existing market pulling tools
- Extended lateral support sleeve on female connection envelopes the fish neck on the male connection, protecting it whilst reducing lateral force and sidewards movement on connection during jarring
- Extra Strong Elgiloy Spring. Combining the light weight Titanium Locking Plate and Spring means the connection can sustain 4 times the impact of the original design, before the same movement is seen
LiMAR® LQK-HD vs SUCKER ROD:
- Reduced risk of injury during use
- Reduced exposure to potential injury
- Zero risk of injury from pipe wrench use
- Will not ‘back-off’ down hole
- Minimal working parts
- Longer working life
- Dramatic time saving in operation
- Ease of redress with no complex parts
|Assembly Part No.||LQK HD Nominal OD||Actual OD||Fish Neck||Male Connection Code||Female Connection Code|
XXX - Denotes connection type
For additional sizes or further information please contact sales