The LiMAR® Ported Centre Spear is used during fishing operations primarily to retrieve tightly compacted, parted slickline or braided cable to surface.
The Ported Centre Spear is generally used when
a traditional wire grab has been unsuccessful. The barbs, positioned around a centre mandrel allow for a more efficient penetration into a tight ball of wire, compared to the pronged arm style of a wire grab. As the Ported Centre Spear is effectively non- releasable, it is generally run with a hydraulic disconnect arrangement directly above it to provide a release feature if the parted wire cannot be retrieved back to surface.
- Used to retrieve tightly compacted, parted wireline to surface
DESIGN FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Available in a range of sizes to suit all completion designs
- Ideal for use with LiMAR® Adjustable Wire Finder range
- Unique thru-welded barbs for added strength
- Simple, robust design ensuring ease of operation for the end user
- Ported feature allows debris to be washed ahead of the BHA
- Connection options to suit customer requirements
- Selected components QPQ treated
- Hexagonal flats for safe make-up & break-out
|Assembly Part No.||Actual OD||Make-up Length|
XXX - Last 3 digits of part number denotes connection type - Please refer to the connection code data sheet. For additional sizes or further information please contact sales