The LiMAR® Flo-Activated Tubing Cutter is a three bladed device designed to sever production tubing, drill pipe and small diameter casing strings in work over, fishing and abandonment operations.
In order to retrieve or drop tubulars into the wellborn the Flo Activated Tubing Cutter is deployed on a motor. Typically the BHA would be anchored in position, as flow rate is increased and the motor begins to rotate, the carbide dressed knives in the tool will expand into the tubular wall. Increased flow rate and RPM continue to force the knives out further into the tubing wall, creating a clean and efficient cut. On completion and as flow rate is reduced the knives return to the collapsed position and are retained for return to surface.
- Severing Tubulars in fishing, pipe recovery and abandonment operations, a safe and cost effective alternative to explosives
DESIGN FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Robust knife design featuring abrasion resistant carbide inserts
- Knives fully retained within tool OD
- Flo-activated disc spring mechanism
- Emergency shear release feature
- Interchangeable nozzles orientated to clean and cool knives during cut
- Triple bladed design to increase stability and centralisation
- Simple, robust design ensuring ease of operation for the end user
- Selected components QPQ treated
- Hexagonal flats for safe make-up & break out
- Connections to suit customer requirements
|Assembly Part No.||Actual OD||Standard Range|
XXX - Last 3 digits of part number denotes connection type - Please refer to the connection code data sheet. For additional sizes or further information please contact sales